7 Reasons Israel is Wrong
Note to Readers: I wrote this as a political piece. It has nothing to do with the Jewish faith or ethnicity. I simply think the politics of Israel are wrong. This is an important distinction and I hope it is clearly understood.
The most recent round of Peace talks being held at the White House are currently dominating the headlines and a very somber tone is accompanying the talks. In recent memory all other attempts to bring the necessary parties successfully to some sort of peace have failed. In the western media this is more often than not explained away at the expense of the Palestinians and the people: men, women and children residing in horrific conditions in Gaza and the West Bank.
Just for the sake of conversation and rational transparent thought I thought the following list, and its contents, deserves some much-needed fresh air and the light of day.
- The indigenous people of the Land currently referred to as “Israel” are in fact the Palestinians. After World War 1, The League of Nations gave Britain the “Mandate for Palestine” in which “the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people” was included. An establishment of such a home was necessary because the land in fact, was not theirs. In November of 1947, the United Nations voted in favor of the “Partition of Palestine” proposing the development of three states: one Jewish, one Arab, and one U.N. administered Jerusalem. In 1948 Israel proclaimed itself an independent state resulting in the Israel-Arab war. Through all of this, the rightful owners of this land, the Palestinians were ignored and dominated by a constant foreign hand and their home was given away to a foreign group of people. It is popular to decry Americas treatment of “Native Americans” and rightly so. The situation in Israel is no different and equally as successful for the invaders.
- In 1967 while at war with virtually all its neighbors, Israel occupied Palestinian territories and it has maintained the occupation since. Israel forcibly occupied and has maintained this occupation in Gaza and the West Bank with an iron hand. Continued support, both financially and in the form of Military weapons, equipment and training coming directly, illegally and against the vast majority of popular American and international opinion, from Israels biggest partner in crime, The United States, have allowed Israel to gradually tighten its strangle hold on the occupied territories. Constant death and massive abuses by the occupying Israel force have drawn consistent international condemnation that falls largely on dumb/deaf ears both in Israel and in the West. The 33rd Article of the 4th Geneva convention expressly prohibits much of the behavior and its motivations being employed in the occupied territories, against civilians, by the brutal Israel “Security” force. The Article clearly states that “No protected person (Palestinians in the occupied territory are protected persons) may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed. Collective penalties and likewise all measures of intimidation or of terrorism are prohibited. Reprisals against protected persons and their property are prohibited. Under the 1949 Geneva Conventions collective punishments are a war crime.” Again, these actions that have been taken and continue to be taken by Israel in the occupied territories are considered, internationally, to be nothing less than war crimes. A fact largely ignored in the US and Japan.
- Today, there are nearly 500,000 “settlers” living illegally in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The U.S. has only occasionally and timidly objected. This irresoluteness, coupled with millions in tax-exempt funding, amounts to complicity in the 40-fold expansion of settlements since 1972. The population in the West bank of illegal settlers alone is over 300,000, up 50% since 2000. This is all actively promoted and supported by large subsidies offered to settlers from the Israeli government and tacitly supported by the US government, an example being its annual 3 billion dollar military aid flowing to Israel. A gift from often unaware and if informed unsupportive American Tax-payers. Again, facts often ignored in the Western press. Perhaps the close resemblance of our Middle Eastern compatriot to ourselves is undesirable to conventional media in the USA. God forbid the public be legitimately informed and properly angry at its elected officials deceit and war mongering support.
- Israel actively engages in Piracy. Article 3 of the Rome convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Acts against the Safety of Maritime Navigation states that it is an international crime to “seize or exercise control over a ship by force, and also a crime to injure or kill any person in the process.” This is recognized and accepted internationally and has been the legal basis by which the US Navy has been deployed to assist in combating piracy off the coast of Somalia. It is clear then, that Israels attack on the “Freedom Flotilla” this year, an international aid flotilla of ships bearing much-needed international aid to the prisoners in Gaza, is nothing short of piracy. The ships were attacked 65 Kilometers from Israel territorial waters and the Israel commandos that stormed the vessel`s killed 19 people. Piracy. International outrage has been well publicized, yet nothing has come of it.
- Israel has Nuclear Weapons. Although the Israel government has never publicly acknowledged this, it is commonly known and in fact, documented. The existence of Israel’s bomb program was revealed in the London Times in 1986, based on information and photographs provided by whistle blower Mordechai Vanunu, who had worked at the Dimona facility in the Negev Desert for 9 years. Vanunu was kidnapped in Rome by Israeli agents, given a secret trial in Israel, then imprisoned for 18 years, 12 of them in solitary confinement. He remains in Israel, forbidden to talk to journalists, to travel abroad, or to emigrate. Israel has the technology and the means. It also has the tacit support of its Big Brother the USA in their shared and irresponsible “Don”t ask/Don”t tell” policy regarding the issue of Nuclear Weapons. Obviously, Israel possessing such capabilities, although no good to them in the occupied territories against the Palestinian freedom fighters, rabidly de-stabilizes the entire region and provides a clear motivation for neighboring powers to develop their own Nuclear arsenals or other Weapons of Mass Destruction be it Chemical, Biological or Nuclear.
- Israel consistently avoids options for a peaceful resolution to hostilities. In 2006 Israel Security forces kidnapped two Palestinian brothers and transported them to Israel where they remain incarcerated in the opaque Israel penile system. These men were civilians. These men had committed no crime, nothing they have yet to be charged with. In retaliation, Israel soldiers were taken prisoner by Hezbollah. The corresponding Israel assault on Lebanon was staggering. Within 6 days 196 non combatants were dead along with 14 militants according to a report by Reuters. Israel refused a cease-fire until its soldiers were released. Kidnapping civilians from their home, and capturing soldiers from an occupying force are two very different things and one is considerably more wrong than the other. The world media repeatedly and routinely commented about Israels right to “Self Defense”, the usual rhetoric, while the rights of Palestinian civilians in their home were flatly ignored. In 2009 again, due to ongoing vicious Israel assaults and hundreds of civilians dead, it took the death of two UN workers who were killed by Israel tank fire while trying to deliver aid to Gaza to get anyone’s attention. The UN resolution to stop the hostilities was ignored by the United States, hence more tacit support by the Big brother for its good little buddy Israel.
- Israel misuses, hence cheapens and erodes the Memory of the Holocaust. There is a very conscious manipulation of the Holocaust Memory by Israel to achieve its own often violent political aims. Anyone who confronts this sad intellectual fact is met with absolute condemnation and white-hot anger by intellectuals and high society that ferociously pander to even the most militant Zionist interests. Scroll through the writing of Wolf Blitzer, time and again he uses imagery from the Holocaust to cast Israel in the Victims light. Its sickening but it goes on. It cheapens the enormity of that event and its slanderous to its victims. Nachem Goldman, a rare honest shining light when he was alive said it well “it’s sacrilege to use the Holocaust as a justification for oppressing others.”
I would have thought that this would have inspired a lot more hate mail/comments.
Me too. I am sure I will get some sooner or later. But, what I wrote about, it isnt anti-Israel or anti-Semitic. Its just the political reality about the international laws that have been and are being broken, well all except the last point. Perhaps that is why its been slow in coming.
No hate mail from me. You are obviously right.
The reason for the US government’s complicity in Israel’s evil actions is that Jews control two important institutions within the United States. These institutions are: (1) the mass media for news and entertainment and (2) the Federal Reserve banking system.
With their control of the mass media, the Jews can determine who will win elections by controlling the information about each of the candidates for any public office. That “information” includes the name of the candidate. If the Jews really don’t like an American politician, his countrymen might never hear that he is seeking office.
When a politician is already famous, the Jews can vilify him instantly and prevent him from making any mass presentation in his own defense.
No politician in the United States holds office against the wishes of the Zionist Jews. Or, anyway, not for very long. To have a political career in the USA, a politician must put Jewish interests first, and those of American voters last. If there is ever any conflict between what the Jews want a Congressman or a President to do, and what the American citizenry wants him to do, the Jews will win. After the Jews get what they want, they will create media propaganda to tell the American sheep that it was really all for the best.
With their control of the banking system, the Jews can deprive the US government of operating funds, either freezing all the business of government or forcing the US government to become a dictatorship and use bullets instead of money, which is a desperate change of policy that might fail and cause to US government to topple. The United States has become “addicted” to Jewish “credit” in the same way and for the same reason that a prostitute is hooked on heroin by the pimp.
If you replace Jew with republican for each reference to the mass media you would be a lot closer. The reason the US maintains such strong ties with Israel is entirely practical. Air strips and fueling in a highly unstable region that also contains the single largest chunk of the world’s oil. The real reasons the American government takes any action, regardless of the will of the American people, economic and militaristic considerations.
The American people are often unwilling to consider that practical decisions are often necessary. Do I agree with many of my government’s decisions? No, many of them are incredibly self-serving in the short-term and destined to be devastating in the long-term. “Protecting our interests,” only goes so far. On the other hand, I also know how much rising energy costs have affected people that I know directly. It is always more difficult to generate the energy to care about the faceless masses when looking at your friend losing their home. However, I do find the vilification of the USA to be interesting as I would think that corporations are the cause of most of the world’s conflicts. For love of money, millions die. Corporate entities create the moral vaccuum that allows
1) the American government to run rough shod over its people
2) pharmaceutical companies to do mass market testing in third world countries
3) Nestle to be responsible for the death of millions of infants
4) Africa to remain the whipping boy of the world
And while it would be wonderfully naive to think of corporations as an American problem, they are world wide and multinational. Every developed country deals with the problems inherent in removing responsibility from the individual and placing it on a legal entity that can’t feel pain, face incarceration or understand morality. Don’t get me wrong, America definitely acts the hypocrite, but please by all means, show me a country that doesn’t.
I concur. Yet I don’t think you took your argument far enough frankly. The real reason America supports Israel goes even further than practical or strategic concerns. It’s an ideology. Israel is the bully that we depend on to stop the middle east from becoming more unified. I’ve come to believe that at the top echelons of our power structures, what people are beginning to see as the biggest threat to Euro-America is in fact Islam. I reality, although Israel is morally wrong, they are a necessity.
Too say “the Jews ” David is a supremely ignorant statement. As to the blog, I don’t neccesarily disagree to alot of it. The Palestinians are also paws by the surrounding Muslim nations, who won’t take in the refugees. They are kept in their constant state of limbo by many hands, not just Jewish ones. Also in their schools they are taught alot of propaganda That perpetuates the ignorance That is at the heart of the continuing situation, on both sides.
The problem with this is that, the land that they have had stolen, by Israel, is THEIR LAND. Not Israel’s. This is the situation, the facts. They should not have to be refugees in neighboring countries if Israel would simply cease its aggressive and criminal behavior and restore the internationally accepted boundaries established in the past.
While I don’t agree with the piracy and whatnot, the ‘land’ idea isn’t that big a thing I’d think.
I’ve yet to see the US give back the Southwest to Mexico, or Britain try to invade us (after 1812). They were given land and they conquered more. Not politically correct, but that’s simply the way of the world, modern or not.
But the dickery is on both sides when it comes to cheap tactics. Palestinians using schools and civilian as shields is pretty dickish in itself.
Not that I’m advocating conquering the world (unless you’re Dr. Steel), but declaring independence (always hits that American pride nerve too), being the underdog, and fighting against people that even their neighbors won’t directly backup gives off the picture of a struggling budding nation.
But all in all: it is their land now. Trying to tie down ‘who owns what land when’ can go on forever.
The fact that both sides would willingly gun each other down instead of work it out makes me apathetic towards both sides and hope that they wipe each other out.
But then I lack empathy towards most human life in general.
Actually, several times Hamas has accepted certain non-violent options only to have Israel ignore it and continue on it’s militant path. Like I said in another comment, it’s necessary. Morally wrong but necessary.
This was just sent to me by an atheist I know whom by himself hate Jews but me being a Christian love them. By this statement it’s going to obvious as to where I stand. Not withstanding from a secular point of view the whole world thinks Israel is wrong, but being the Christian that I am and knowing and believing what Scripture says in regards to the Israelite I support and love them and know that no matter what the world says or does Israel will never again loose ground.
Of course time is going to be the key factor here and as time does go by, many doubter will be questioning their on beliefs.
Let me take each point: 1-The indigenous people that are Palestinians are not Jews, but are in fact from the ancient race of Phylistia, a race whom God commanded the Jews to wipe out entirely, but because of Jewish disobedience to God did not do this and now they have the troubles they have today. 2-Israel took back land promised to them by God. Since 1948 when Israel became a recognized nation again, God’s promise is that Israel will never loose ground again, but will continue to gain. 3-See my comments in 2 and 1. 4-The so called “freedom flotilla” was Turkish sailors bringing illegal arm and munitions to Gaza while inhabiting Israeli waters. All nations have the right to board and inspect any incoming ships or planes when crossing from international waters into their safe zones and refusal to allow boarding can be construed as an act of terrorism which is exactly what happened. If you must report, then at least be honest about it. 5-Iran has nuclear weapons, so does Iraq, and now it looks like Syria does as well. So what’s your point? 6-Israel isn’t the one who keeps backing out. Peaceful negotiation really won’t happen till the anti-christ steps in to work out a supposed peace agreement. Keep watching. The time is coming soon. Hope you are ready, cause life will get real crappy once that dude appears on the scene. 7-If mass genocides were created against your people, say 6,000,000 plus strong and there was a race of people saying it didn’t really happen even though there is so much documentation including real photos, confessions of war time criminals, etc, etc. are you really saying you wouldn’t be a bit pissed off? Come on now! Get real dude.
So im just some random asshole, but “Penile system” made me giggle. Im baked though, so thats probably why. Might want to change it though.
Fuck them, we can keep the dick jokes as far as I’m concerned. Cheers though